Chocolate. We all love chocolate. Chocolate comes in all flavours, shapes, and sizes. One may think that chocolate is a hard no when it comes to maintaining a healthy diet and fitness goals, but to be the bearer of good news — this recipe is ideal for a post-workout snack!
While we’re having fun playing devil’s advocate, we’re also enjoying this chocolate pudding recipe that we’ve adapted from the “Thrive” cookbook.
This pudding is easily digestible and it is the ideal 4:1 (carbohydrate to protein) ratio for optimized recovery. It can be made beforehand, so it is ready to go after your workout. It is recommended that you consume this within 45 minutes after completing a workout. Did we mention that this recipe is super duper easy to make?
Prep List Time: 10 – 15 minutes (Serves 1)
- 1 Banana (electrolytes)
- 1/2 pear (natural sugar, fiber)
- 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder (natural flavour)
- 1/2 tbsp. hemp oil (can substitute for avocado or coconut oil)
- 1/4 pound medium firm tofu (protein, calcium)
- Pinch of sea salt (sodium that was lost in sweat)
Shall We Begin?
- Blend all ingredients together until reaching a consistent texture.